Important: Due to privacy concerns, we can't help you set up your custom domain on your DNS provider's end.
- You must already own a domain. If you don't already own a domain, we recommend Namecheap.
- You must be able to manage the DNS records for your domain.
Option 1: Ex. store.yourdomain.com
- Create a subdomain for "store" (or whatever you want to use).
- Point the subdomain's CNAME to "domains.limitedrun.com".
Option 2: Ex. yourdomain.com
- Create a subdomain for "www".
- Point the "www" subdomain's CNAME to "domains.limitedrun.com".
- Create a permanent URL Redirect from "yourdomain.com" to "www.yourdomain.com".
Note: If your registrar doesn't support URL redirects, you can use a redirect service like wwwizer.com. To use wwwizer, create an A record for "yourdomain.com" and point it to 184.108.40.206. This will redirect all traffic to "www.yourdomain.com".
After Your DNS is Configured
- You may have to wait a bit. It could take up to 72 hours before your DNS changes start working.
- Confirm your DNS is working. You'll know your DNS is setup and working correctly because when you go to your custom domain, it will show a Limited Run page that says "Your domain is correctly pointing at Limited Run".
- After your DNS is working, go to your store's admin area (http://yourstore.limitedrun.com/admin) and then click "Settings".
- Check the "use a custom domain" box and enter your custom domain like "www.yourdomain.com".
- Click the "Test Domain" button, if it's working, you'll see a green check mark appear.
- Click "Save".
Existing URLs & Your Admin Area
Please note that your existing, http://yourstore.limitedrun.com URLs will continue working. Additionally, you will continue accessing your store's admin area at http://yourstore.limitedrun.com/admin, not http://www.yourdomain.com/admin.